Saturday, May 31, 2014

killing your own blood

three month fetus
What do we know of a mother who aborts the baby? Every one of us will assume her as very rude, heartless and a bad mother. Is it all? How can we judge someone without knowing what they are going through? One of the drawback in the humans is that we overlook at somebody’s situation. We blame and gossip rather than trying to understand her feelings.

Let us try to understand the situation of an 18 years old girl who is pregnant for three months. Her parents are very strict and would never accept the child. She is in the second year of her college. The boy who is in same college has accepted the baby but they decided that it was not a good time to start a family. So without anyone’s knowledge they secretly made plan to go to samdrup jongkhar. The boy has made appointment through his friend with the Indian hospital. It was a tough situation for both of them. They both loved the baby so much and it was the sign of their love. It was a heartbreaking moment to remove the symbol of love.
When they were ready to leave the next day, the girl could not sleep. She could feel the movement of her baby and that made her heart cry. So she woke up and decided to write a letter to her baby. She writes.
My Dear baby,
Firstly I want you to know that your mama loves you so much. I know that your dad loves you as much as I do. I am really sorry dear I could not fulfill the duty of a good mother. She should be happy by the news of having a baby, she should make everyone happy by giving her good news to the family members. But I could not do this. Dear I don’t want to bring you to this world of people disgracing us. People will blame us, they will disgrace your mama and her family. Your father will be defamed in front of everyone. It is not that we hate you it is just that the timing is bad. If we bring you here even your grandpa and grandma won’t accept you. My friends will gossip and say that I have been a whore. My teachers will say that I have wasted my time in the college. May be they are true, maybe we are the ones who made mistake. But dear I want you to know that your parents loved each other so much. I wonder sometimes whether loving is a crime. Forgive us dear baby if not we will have to leave with the guilt throughout our lives. You have been growing inside me and it is unimaginable that I won’t have you tomorrow. So this whole night I want be with you, talk with you and feel your presence.
I love you so much dear baby and you will always be in my memory. I fear that tomorrow our fate will separate us. I am so sorry dear……………..do forgive us.
With lots of love
Yours mama.
At the same time the boy also wrote a short letter to his baby. It says
Dear baby
Your papa is so ashamed in front of you. He is so sorry that he could not be a responsible dad to bring you here. If you come here I will not be able to give you and your mother the comfortable life which I want to give. I am so sorry I could not be what I should be. From the core of my heart I loved you dear baby. I fear of losing your mother, she is the best thing that is in my life. Now I fear of losing you and that fear haunts me so much. Always remember we have loved you and will always be loving you
Yours
 loving dad.


They exchanged the letters next day and started their journey. They took the risk of aborting the child. It was very tough for both of them but they had to cope up. They realized that it was their mistake and their simple mistake brought a huge impact. They felt like a murderer and murdering their own blood was not easy. Not only in Bhutan millions of babies are aborted worldwide. It is sad that parents are becoming killers. The lesson that we need to learn from them is being responsible for our action. We need to be careful about what we do and decide. Sometimes our infatuated emotions which is so blur could change the course of our life. As a student we need to understand the priorities whether studies are important or the love? We need to balance our life in such a way that we are not distracted. We are the hopes of our parents and as a student we must try to uphold this.

No comments:

Post a Comment