Friday, May 16, 2014

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference”

I feel those are the lines which best describes my life. If someone ask me why I say that, I would happily give one thousand and one reason for my justification. Those lines have touched my heart and I feel that it shall always do.
Earlier my life was easy and simple. Performing well in the classes and not playing any games. I was only directed towards studies. I had a fear that I would be ashamed if I don’t top just like the previous classes. May be my meaning of success was based on fear of losing my position, maybe I just worked hard to be in number one. Later I realized that being in the number one position is not always winning. Sometimes we think that we have won but if we look carefully we might have lost so many things. It is true that as a student we must prioritize studies first. But we must also understand that some values need to be learned through experiencing and exploring the life. May be this was what I missed when I was busy occupied with the books.
Time passed and so did my primary and secondary schooling at yonphula LSS. There in the school I grew up with big dreams, my teacher used to tell me that I should become a Dasho one day. I too believed in her words however sadly I did not know what type of Dasho I need to be. Now when I look back I wish instead of encouraging me to be a Dasho, she could have taught me to be a good learner first. Above all she also could have taught me to be a good human. In school students are taught to have ambitions such as doctor, engineer and pilot but forgets to tell them to be a better one. After all I realized that we don’t make somebody to become someone. That somebody himself or herself becomes someone. We just need to show them the path and they will take the journey of life themselves.
My life took a major turn when I reaches grade 12. It was during this time when I realized that my life was just like the poem “The road not taken” by Robert Frost. I felt like I was lost somewhere, I could see myself heading towards nowhere. Then I remember those lines “Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference”, because I had to make a choice whether to pursue science or go back to arts. Everyone including teachers and friends wanted me to join engineering or computer science for the college. I on the other side wanted to take up arts. I was motivated to risk taking unusual path by the poem.

Those lines hold close to my heart and it was a source of inspiration for me. This lines define who I am now. I feel that now after reaching the platform which I have been waiting for so long. I find myself shouldered with lots of responsibilities. I need to fulfill my duty as a caring daughter to my parents, as a hardworking student to my teacher and above all I shall serve my duty as a good human being to the world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment